Recipe: Lobster Congee (Rice Porridge)Category: Recipes
Chinese congee or rice porridge is the perfect comfort food. Ideal for chilly winter nights, this cozy and tasty recipe is the ultimate in soul-warming food, and so easy to make, anyone can do it!
- 1 lobster
- 1.5 cups rice
- 500 ml water
- 5-6 thinly sliced ginger
- 50g dried scallops
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Wash and soak the rice in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash the dried scallops and soak in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Using a craypot (or Dutch oven casserole), bring water, ginger and scallops to boil for 15 minutes.
- Add rice and lobster’s head, cover and cook for another 30 minutes (do not add the lobster’s tail at this stage and do not overcook the rice; when serving each grain of rice should be still distinct and not too mushy.
- Add the lobster tail and cook another 5-8 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt and garnish with sliced scallions and serve immediately.