The Western Rock Lobster Council Inc (WRL) Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held at 10 am on Thursday 13 October 2022 at the Geraldton Multipurpose Centre, 31 Foreshore Drive, Geraldton WA 6530.
Nominations for the election of Directors for 2022 are now open.
The two usual vacancies for the Northern Zone Directors are each for a two-year term.
The two usual vacancies for the Southern Zone Directors are each for a two-year term. In addition to the two usual vacancies, for this 2022 election, there is an additional third vacancy in the Southern Zone with a one-year term. This vacancy has arisen due to the recent retirement of Director Brad Arnup from the WRL board.
The WRL Rules of Association empower the WRL board to appoint a replacement for the remainder of the vacant directorship’s term. In this case, Mr Arnup had one year remaining. However, given the AGM will occur prior to the next board meeting, the WRL board has resolved to fill Mr Arnup’s directorship vacancy through the AGM election process. Therefore, the two candidates in Southern Zone that receive the two highest votes will each be elected for a two-year term and the candidate that receives the third highest vote will fill Mr Arnup’s vacant directorship for a one-year term and will be up for re-election at the 2023 AGM.
The WRL Board consists of:
- Four Northern Zone Directors (previously known as A Zone and/or B Zone)
- Four Southern Zone Directors (previously known as C Zone)
At this 2022 AGM, the following positions will be declared vacant:
- 2 Northern Zone Directors
- 3 Southern Zone Directors
The current Directors in the following positions are to be declared vacant:
- Northern Zone: Bruce Cockman AND Matt Fong
- Southern Zone: Brad Arnup AND Fedele Camarda AND Roger King
All vacating Directors are eligible to re-nominate.
Western Rock Lobster (WRL) now invites:
- 2 or more eligible nominations for Northern Zone
- 3 or more eligible nominations for Southern Zone
GUIDELINES FOR NOMINATIONS & VOTING
If you are an Associate Member and would like to nominate for a position on the WRL Board, you are required to be nominated by an Ordinary Member holding an MFL with Units of usual entitlement in the relevant Zone that you wish to nominate for.
Ordinary Members may only be nominated for a position on the WRL Board by:
- another Ordinary Member holding a MFL with Units of usual entitlement in the Zone in which the Member is nominating for election as a Zone Representative on the Board;
- themselves (in his or her individual capacity as an Ordinary Member holding a MFL with units of usual entitlement in the relevant zone);
- themselves (if he or she is the nominated representative of a body corporate who is an Ordinary Member holding a MFL with units of usual entitlement in the relevant Zone);
Except for appointees under rule 9.1(e) or 9.2(i)(1) and (2), a person is not eligible for election to membership of the Board unless an Ordinary Member has nominated him or her for election in accordance with the directions for making nominations notified by the Board to Members.
Nominees are to notify the Board of their willingness to be nominated and to provide any biographical statements and statements of policies they wish to be distributed to Members with the voting papers.
If you would like to nominate, please follow the following steps:
STEP 1: Print and complete the nomination form as follows:
Please use ONE of the below forms that is most relevant to your circumstance:
- If the MFL is held by an individual (sole proprietor/partnership/discretionary family trust) and you would like to nominate yourself, please use this form by clicking here.
- If the MFL is held by a body corporate (Pty Ltd company or Limited Company or Incorporated body) and it would like to nominate an authorised representative, please use this form by clicking here and a letter of authorisation by clicking here.
STEP 2: Each valid nomination for a Director position will be listed on the ballot forms. Each nominee may include on the nomination form a short statement of 200 words or less supporting their nomination which will then be included with the voting papers.
STEP 3: Return the completed nomination form AND the supporting 200-word statement before Midnight, Thursday, 8 September 2022 via email to email@example.com
If you are unsure of the nomination process, please feel free to contact us at 9432-7722.
Ordinary Members voting entitlement
Only Ordinary Members may vote in the election of Directors.
Ordinary Member to vote for relevant zone
An Ordinary Member may vote to elect a Director only in relation to the Zone in which the Ordinary Member holds Units of usual entitlement
Ordinary Member holding usual entitlement in more than one Zone
An Ordinary Member who holds Units of usual entitlement on one MFL for more than one Zone may only vote for a Zone Representative for the Zone in which the Member holds the most Units of usual entitlement.
The WRL Rules of Association allow for election by ballot to be conducted prior to the AGM with the election results to be announced at, and take effective from, the AGM. Therefore, the election will be via postal ballot with voting slips sent by conventional mail.
Following the close of voting, WRL’s independent Auditor and Returning Officer Mr En Kong will open all reply-paid envelopes. Mr Kong will then validate each ballot paper before scrutineering the recording of every vote by the WRL Executive. The election will be decided by the number of votes received at the close of voting.
Declaration of new Directors
The declaration of the new Directors will be made at the 2022 AGM to be held on 13 October 2022 and will also be posted on the Western Rock Lobster Council website as soon as possible after the conclusion of the AGM.
Please refer to the following table for the election timeline:
|2022 Nominations for Election of Directors
|Thursday, 25 August 2022
|Nominations for election of Directors open
|Thursday, 8 September 2022
|Nominations close before Midnight
|Thursday, 15 September 2022
|Ballot election voting open
|Monday, 10 October 2022
|Ballot election voting close by 4 pm
|Thursday, 13 October 2022
|Declaration of Directors, WRL AGM Day