WRL will join Pilot Energy’s Eureka Project team (Pilot) at their Fremantle, Cervantes and Geraldton lobster-industry specific consultative meetings which are being held on the 6th, 7th and 8th of June respectively. Presentations by Pilot will include lobster specific items, and will be followed by a presentation by WRL on industry issues that require consultation.
The key items for discussion are listed below:
Rock Lobster Specific Presentation by Pilot Energy’s Eureka 3D Seismic Survey Consultants
- An intro to Pilot Energy and the Eureka MSS acquisition area.
- The Regulations and consultation requirements with rock lobster fishers.
- Biological comparison of westerns that makes all seismic research on southern rock lobster relevant.
- The known and unknown effects of seismic sound on rock lobsters.
- Measures we’re proposing to minimise impacts to rock lobsters and to lobster fishers.
- What we’ve heard from fishers to date.
WRL Presentation – Industry Consultation
- Western Rock Lobster Harvest Strategy Discussion Paper;
- ARMA Update;
- Back of Boat online ordering and payment tutorial;
- General business/feedback.
WRL will be looking to obtain members’ views on the Harvest Strategy Discussion Paper and WRL’s draft submission. The meeting will provide an opportunity for attendees to contribute their valuable insights and perspectives. Lastly, the meetings will discuss the Back of Boat online ordering platform, showcasing its features and functionalities. Members are strongly encouraged to actively participate in this segment by sharing suggestions for improvement, thereby contributing to the ongoing enhancement of the platform.
The details for these meetings are as follows:
Tuesday 6 June: 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Fremantle Sailing Club
151 Marine Terrace, Fremantle WA 6160
Wednesday 7 June: 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Cervantes Country Club
14 Aragon St, Cervantes WA 6511
Thursday 8 June: 3.00pm – 6.00pm
Geraldton Multipurpose Centre
248 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA 6530